Monday, January 25, 2016

[heeeyy!]

Hey Family!
So this week was pretty funnn.. last monday we went to a trampoline park on the east side of wichita. No one got hurt so that was good, I only biffed it once- haha this kind ran across the tramp I was on and so I was just trying to avoid killing him. I looked awesome... :D
We have an investigator who has a strong addiction to drugs.. so we went over wednesday to see how she was doing with reading and praying.. and she was SO HIGH. #dude. 
ha the whole time she was telling us that she swears she isn't high- but she didn't know why she was SO happy? (woman, what did you smoke?) Eventually, after telling us her whole life story, turned out she had smoked crystal meth monday night..apparently all her roommates all are on that too. So in her apartment there is a smog.. its just super cloudy and so that night and we were there for about an hour...Sister Houston and I were a bit hyper.. lol the next morning I threw up. #don'tdodrugs. Its funny now but then it wasn't too fun. 
We went on exchanges with our lovely Rolling Hills sisters! I went with Sister Tafua, she is from Laie Hawaii! She is super sick- and we had the best time. Lots of miracles happened because of FAITH. She has such a strong testimony of missionary work- its really inspiring. (: I also had spam for the first time.. its not that bad. ha She LOVES IT. She told me that she would teach me how to surf and all that fun stuff. I'm totes going to Hawaii. (: 
hmm.. We had transfers- I'm staying in Maize with sister houston! wooh! But alot of my friends went home... its so weird. I hate transfers.. they suck. ): 
We also had a World Wide Missionary training that was broadcasted from SLC- it was great! I learned alot, they focused alot on Repentance and baptizing converts. Something that stood out to me is that I need to rely on the spirit more when I teach. I could SAY all I want that I think sounds great but if the spirit isn't there- its not going to make a difference. He is the TRUE teacher and the one who makes all the difference in missionary work. 
Sunday was GREAT- we had Tatyanna and her mom come to sacrament meeting. All the talks were on family history and temples.. and her mom had alot of questions! I honestly didn't know what to say or how to say anything without it sounding like we are insane..(I'm good at making things confusing) But a lot of the members were around and were able to help me out. God is great! Something that was said in a talk was  "the temple shows the wisdom and mercy of our Heavenly Father". I haven't  ever thought about it that way- Ordinances are so important! Tatyanna is really excited about church and she even participated in taking the sacrament which is new! She wants to be baptized but she wants to wait til summer. #noooo Get baptized now! ha ha 
Anyway- I can't remember much else- the weather is so annoying. It was 55 yesterday and today its FREEZING. Gah. But Kansas is awesome, I love it! Serving in Wichita is super fun, there are alot of really prepared people and the members are wonderful. I hope you all have a great week and stay warm where ever you are! (: I know Heavenly Father is mindful of you and takes care of you. <3Sister WIlliams

​"And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls."

No comments:

Post a Comment