Monday, October 19, 2015

My week....

Hello! 
After sleeping for what felt like 15 mins, it was 11:30am and I thought I would attempt to write y'all. So hopefully this makes sense. Lol 

So we had a fun week- mostly just Friday and Sunday were great. Why? Well Friday morning all the sisters in the entire mission came to Wichita for Sisters conference! I got to see lots of sisters that I have no idea who they are but they seem great! Haha then the select 10 I actually do know.. It's weird. Anyway, we did Zumba that morning and we got to dance to imagine dragons! It was weird yet fun, I am so not coordinated with dancing then we had a great, amazing speaker that I still can't get over. She is a convert to the church of 14 years and was a missionaries dream! Basically she called her friend how she could become a member of the church! Her friend was really hesitant because of all the things she had to give up and change, however Mrs. Leham was totally chill and was like that's okay! I'm good with that. Was baptized 2 weeks later and fasted for two days prior to her baptism. So what she talked about was how to procure your testimony, protect it and preserve it!You get what you look for- look for building and growth for your testimony. Know what you want so you can see what you want. The things that we choose in this life will either destroy or grow our testimony. Made me rethink the things that I was choosing and letting into my life. One of the best things that helped me was when she said "Comparison is the thief of ALL joy". *smack in the face!* #trrruuuuee 
She ended her talk with a story of her having a conversation with her doctor and they got talking about scriptures. He was really impressed with her knowledge and asked her what church she goes to. In her mind she was like "here we go!". She confidently stated that she was a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He replied, " hold on.." And when he came back he had all this anti information and told her of all the reasons she as going to hell..etc. she thanked him for his thoughts and appreciated his concern, and told him- "you see! That is the beauty of my denomination, in yours I'm going to hell, but in mine... Your going to heaven." (: 
She was awesome and so inspiring. I wish y'all could've been there to hear her. 
Sunday I was having extreme nightmares about swimming in the ocean and tornados going on at the same time.. I don't know what's going on. Lol however I had woke up at 4:30 and was so happy because I had 2 hours left! Went back to sleep, had another dream about our annoying alarm clock going off... Didn't wake up till 7:35! Our alarm clock didn't go off!! I swear. Oh my goodness was horrible... We have to be out the door at 8:10 in order to be at church early enough to meet investigators and get a spot! I got ready in 20 mins.. And I still looked decent! Haha yes! But we had a less active bring her bf again to church. Had a great church tour with them and invited him to be baptized! He said it's a good possibility that he'll keep coming back! Which is awesome! :)  so we had a pretty good week, the Spanish elders are having 3 baptisms this week!! So that's awesome, we have one coming up soon! Just got to keep praying and acting in faith ALL THE TIME! It's been the best, I love Abilene so much. Don't wanna goo, however transfers are coming up next week and it's a high possibility I'm leaving.. But all is well. It's Gods way or the highway.. 😎 anywho! Lots of work to be done and them tomorrow we have trainings with president bell and the AP's. Wooooh! 
K well I love y'all so much! Thank you for the love and support- y'all are the best! 
Have such a good week and remember to choose good things! 😇
Keep it 💯



<3Sister Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment