Monday, September 14, 2015

"Were those Mormons? I need a bug bomb.."

So hopefully i'll remember to write a quote from the week and use it as my header. Because! Some of the things people say around here are very noteworthy. 
So Sister Fountain has been in Abilene a whole week! Feels like just lastweek we were on our way to Dodge City... (thats cause we were) 
But, Abilene is doing soo great! We have been working with some pretty solid people and they have been coming to church. Chase is our little investigator is getting baptized on the 26th. she's adorable. There are others who are not as solid but they are still good people, we are just trying to help them relate themselves to the gospel! If they would just read the Book of Mormon, it would help them get it. I really don't know what to tell ya.. so I'll just bullet point. 

-I had a 28 pound cat sit on me and it really hurt. (her claws dug themselves into my lap while she was walking on me)
-We had a super awesome dinnner with the Browns, she made, get this, PUMPKIN,CHEESCAKE PIE! talk about a fat girls dream.. it was sinful. Sister Fountain are going on a weight loss diet because this is getting to be a struggle for sister Williams... my clothes don't fit that well.. haha AH! 
- So after church and lunch we were tryin to find our lady on date who skipped church. But there is also a former that lives in the same trailer park- so his wife/girlfriend was outside raking grass and we were talking to her about life and whats been new with her. After, we were heading back to our car to grab a Doctrine and Covenants for a recent convert. When all of a sudden we hear a man yell, "Hey Blondie!" i was like.. oh no.. its mike... and It was! then he was like "How does Tuesday at 7 sound!?" So we now have an appointment with them tomorrow. The only thing that is holding him back spiritually is that he thinks that mormons don't do anything fun. Since missionaries can't go swimming, or do much of anything. that applies to the rest of the world.. ugh. So yeah he's interesting! But we are up for this challenge. He also called us beautiful which was kinda awkward.. along with the other flirty texts he sent us.. haha ummm... #everyoneneedsthegospel! 

Anyway! Life is so good! Lots of good things are going down here in Salina and Abilene.I have started to figure out how to apply the atonement and to include Jesus Christ in missionary work. I don't know why I get so caught up in the way of doing everything myself-  it never works out that way, just like you can't build a house without a foundation.. or else it falls apart when the winds and storms of the adversary come. Same way with our lives and even with missionary work. Without Christ we are nothing. 

But I love being out here! Its the best!! (: Plus, I even sound like a Kansan when I talk now.. its awful. oh goodness.. i think  "I aint got none" has come out of my mouth... but whatever!! The Church is still true and I'm stoked for Conference!! Its gonna be an exciting time. 2 new apostles! 
well I hope yall have a great week and that you are all making good choices and are being a good example to others. "Say yes to happiness!!" (i'm listening to a song that says that.) lol 

K love yall!!
<3Sister Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment