Monday, January 26, 2015

soo this week?!

I'm not very sure as how this week turned out- other than we hit standard and I don't know how after everything that went on. Sometimes, I think that Hiawatha is freaking crazy! But, I somehow love it.. I guess it's one of those love/hate relationships. hehe
So I'll try my best to think back through my week and hope something cool happened. hmmm.

Wednesday, we had dinner with a returning less active named Sister Soto. She is a Native American and lives out on the reservation. She was really excited about feeding the missionaries and apparently did it a while back before she went less-active. Anyway, we went and we were driving on the back roads and the whole time I just felt weeirdd.. Thankfully we had Mo-Tab in the car. We got to her house finally,she has a husky named FATBOY that greeted us when we got there. Dinner started out pretty well, she made fry bread and meat pies that we still doughy annndd so I didn't eat them.. haha. We got talking about her life and lets just say that her life is insane.. her 1st husband was murdered, the second was abusive and threatened to kill her if she filed for divorce- she filed for divorce and there was a 3rd one but I don't remember if she told us about him. I was kinda in a blur during some of that conversation. Oh and then she tells us that her house is haunted. COOL. I was sorta excited and kept asking for more stories, probably not the best idea, only because Sister Pimentel and Elder Riddle were about to cry. Elder Nix and I thought it was awesome! She has about 10 spirits in her house, not even joking- so the elders asked her if she wanted her house blessed and she was like, "well, I don't want all hell to break loose, and I'm afraid my house will blow up". So, after dinner we were all a little nervous. She warned us about taking the bad roads which apparently we took- I wasn't driving. We got home safe and all was well...we thought. That night, Sister pimmy was really uncomfortable but, I told her everything was fine. The week went on and things were kind of a struggle to find new people, we had exchanges in Lawrence, it was really fun! Met a lot of people, talked and testified. I love that.

Elder Riddle loves the GB Packers, and they lost. I had to tell him my condolences along with some other remarks that I have apologized for. lol. Sister Allen, our recent convert is probably the coolest member in our branch! She LOVES the missionaries and the Patriots.. haha so for Elder Riddles birthday on Saturday she got him a cake, in memory of the GB Packers... it was hilarious! We went to a baptism for a little member named Issac and it went very well. We have another baptism coming up this weekend as well for Alex Allen! He is Sister Allen's son, he is so funny and will talk your ear off about all the movies he's seen and the new ones that are coming out. #struggle But! we still love him and he is super excited for his baptism!

Sunday,  Sister P and Elder Nix gave talks and they did AWESOME! We had our soup and bread potluck and I ate too much which was a given. It was so good- just in case you wanted to know. I was talking to sister pimentel about how my back was hurting and she was telling me how I woke her up when I got out of bed... yea I never got out of bed. She said that she saw something standing over my bed then saw it get in bed thinking that it was me. #NotMe
So we had our house blessed lastnight (: We all had priesthood blessings and wow, I love the priesthood. Lets just say that I'm a different person today than I was yesterday. We are not allowed to go back to sister soto's house till her house is blessed, and that Is A OKAY with me. ha.

I seriously love and I am so grateful for this mission that I'm serving in. It's truly been the best thing I have ever done for my life. Which probably sounds dumb because I'm only 19 but, I have become much closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior. The hardest thing as of right now has been trying to help people understand our purpose and why they need to understand God's plan for them. It has brought peace and assurance in my life by studying and sincerely seeking it out for myself. I was asked by our STL's to have a heart-to-heart with God, and at first I wasn't really sure how to do that, because I never had done it before. I tried my best and my answer that I got was very simple but overwhelmingly powerful. I LOVE PRAYER, I LOVE THE SPIRIT and I LOVE SERVING. I have come to understand what it means to walk by faith and to truly rely on our Savior. I've been studying and working on finding strength through Charity. In Alma 26:12 it says, Yea, I know that I am nothing ; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things ; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
I have been becoming more emotionally attached to serving the Lord, I understand why we must rely on Him- it says in the scriptures that without Charity we are nothing.. CHARITY is the pure love of Christ. So basically we are nothing without Jesus Christ. Makes sense, like it says in Ether,
 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

I am so blessed to be able to share what I know to be true with others, I love this gospel and I know that it is true. I love you all with all my heart and I know that God is taking care of every one of you. I hope that you all have an awesome week! Stay Close to the Savior and he will guide thy paths. (:

Love you all!! (:
PS. I do have the ukelele  and its been the greatest thing ever!!!!!!! THANKYOU!!!!!!!! <3


sister williams

No comments:

Post a Comment