I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving- ate lots of food that you don't regret right? This week was really interesting, but also it was good! Here's what went on!
1. Sister fountain lost her iPad on Monday while we were at Rue 21.. We drove all the way home til she realized she didn't have it. So we hurried and called the store and real life miracle was that it was still there! It was crazy.
2. We went on Exchanges with sister eyre, came to Abilene and had a blast.😝 we saw Becky and helped create a plan to help her feel more prepared to be baptized! Now she's working towards the 12th! We had this lesson in Burger King btw. #heckya
3. Slaughtered a turkey! So gross. We went out to the Harbaughs and legit killed a turkey... Sister fountain bout passed out too. Haha it was nasty but we had an anatomy lesson while he was explaining what he was doing.. Ew. But I did take pictures of seriously everything, from the heart to the intestines! Y'all lucked out. Lol but it was fun- after that we came to Cassie's house and made sea food for thanksgiving.. I didn't like it.. But I ate it.
4. Then for thanksgiving we Ate octopus and crawfish. Went Mongolian instead of American this year, it was good! Weird but good. The members were playing Christmas music which was nice, then somehow it got switched to Relient K and Twisted Sister Christmas... Uhhhh...so I just talked to drown out the noise. It was pretty funny. We had dinner right after that one and holy cow- they made the best cheesecake and gave us 1/8 slices. It destroyed me. So I'll definitely remember this thanksgiving.
5. Had a total of 6 thanksgiving dinners... #stillfeellikecrap
6. There was an Ice storm and it froze everything with an inch thick of ice! And we walked in it. It was insane! Tree branches, more like half the tree would rip off and crush power lines, close down streets and on top of it icy roads. It was great- we met lots of people. One guy wasn't too keen of us Mormons," I'm Roman Catholic" his daughter was atheist. Other than him we met some pretty nice people while we were giving out pass along cards for the new "A savior is born" video! It's really good by the way if you haven't watched it.
7. Church was cancelled but we were given permission to have a mini sacrament meeting at a members house, while walking there a tree branch almost squashed us.
I promise we are working. Ha we had dinner at an investigators house and her family! They were all really awesome- she's more interested in the church right now than her husband but he's coming around. She's convinced that she'll get us to have coffee but that ain't gonna happen. We taught her the word of wisdom that night too.. Lol but she loves the Book of Mormon, she said that she reads it while she's taking a bath. 🙃 anyway! Abilene is crazy and kinda thawing at the moment, but I love it! We are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission again this year, and so far it's been amazing. They have given us an extra hour to read it everyday- and it's the best hour of my life. 💟
And the library is closed... All my pics are on my camera. Lame.