Monday, July 13, 2015

ABILENE YA DIG?

WADDUP!
How is everyone!? Good I hope? (;
Abilene is probably my 2nd favorite place in Kansas next to Hiawatha. So many people here are super sweet that they feel bad enough for us to give us water! What great Samaritans they are- and we don't even ask! lol This week went pretty fast for me-
We were out seeing some less active recent converts- they are die hard softball people and everyone knows how I feel about softball...its the worst! So I dropped my bag and their daughter that is 10 played catch with me for like 10 mins! it was amazing. I was so happy. The cool thing that her mom was telling us was that Takiya has been telling her team about how cool the missionaries are! :D However they weren't able to come to church because they had softball and it turned out the Takiya developed Bronchitis during her games and had to go to the hospital. Her mom told us that she is convinced that she is pitching in their game tonight. haha such a good kid. The Weavers- they are also a part member family who are probably one of my favorite families here in Kansas. Brother Weaver has been less active since he was 18- he reminds me of the prodigal son a little bit. They have only came in contact with the missionaries by pure MIRACLE. His non member wife, never before ever  could point out a missionary, but when it came to serious matters she said that they just stood out and she went to them and they changed their life. Now they are feeding us every Tuesday and Thursday and we are finally getting able to share little messages with them! Brother Weaver has such a strong spirit about him, it was awesome to hear his testimony about the Atonement. A lot of his family are still strong members in the church.
Zone Training was in Hays KANSAS- talk about road trip! I love them though so it was okay. Zone Training was great, learned a lot about this new planner app and area book app that seriously takes forever to update and input information. Ugh, when its all done with it will be super effective- its just that I don't wanna do it.. lol dangit. #lazy
CHURCH was super great! we had 2 people come, Lupe and Dakota! So Dakota is living is awful conditions and his gaurdians wont let him be baptized because they hate Mormons yada yada. Well, from lots of prayers and fasting( Dakota has been fasting for like a week straight- he wants to be baptized soo bad) Their hearts have softened! they said that he could convert. :D! YESSS!!! OMG- so I was running through the halls trying to catch him and he is now on date for the 25th! He was almost in tears- So its not set in stone but it will be. He is sooo solid. We are all soo excited for him. (: After church we went to the Smiths and had waffles for lunch- super yummy! lots of whipped cream yo! (: Funny story- the Zone Leaders and our District leader all have been taking laxatives so they were constantly in the bathroom, then they complain about how dumb they were. haha love them. Funny story right? Well you have to be here. BUT The church is so true- I love this gospel! There are so many opportunities to do Gods work, and when we do them that's when they become MIRACLES!! (:
So yeah, life has been great and Abilene is awesome. I love Sister Palmer she is really great- same with my district! Everyone here in Salina is AWESOME!  Its really hot on the other hand... but its still great! (:
Scripture of the Day: Hebrews 12:1-3 with 2 Nephi 4:17-19: "And I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted"

Have a GREAT week! Stay cool.

<3Sister Williams

-we did lots of service-hence the sweaty looking picture
-city of Abilene- that's from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment